Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Good Luck, Stoney!

My longtime friend John recently let us know that he's headed into the hospital for surgery. That happens sometimes, in fact, I recently had a bit surgery myself. This time, however, it's a little different. John has a condition called "muscular dystonia."

Stoney provides the details on his blog, but I did want to make a quick post to say I'm wishing him great success with this surgery. It's a big step, and a very brave one for him to take, but that's just the kind of guy he is. After watching things get a little more difficult and a little more painful each year, I'm happy there is an opportunity for some dramatic improvement.

What's very odd, in a synchronistic way, is that while channel surfing a couple weeks ago, I saw a news story regarding a man with some kind of disorder that looked almost like convulsive tourretes who was undergoing a procedure that sounds very similar to what John has planned. As I watched it, I wondered, "Has Stoney heard about this one?" Apparently so.

John hasn't had things easy, yet is always there with a smile on his face, and I've never heard him utter a mean word to or about anyone. Perhaps his website, Generosity.org, sums up his character best.

Good luck, Stoney! We're all pulling for you.

No comments: